I have evidence that Caroline is a budding gymnastics star! I'm thinking everyone needs to clear their calendars for the 2024 Summer Olympics.
1. Caroline climbed out of her crib today at my mom's house! AARGH! I'm not ready for this. I like knowing that she is in her bed, snoozing away! I can sleep well knowing that I will hear her and that when I go to retrieve her, she is right where I left her. I joked before I ever had her that, if necessary, I would put a tent over her bed. I know there are crib tents that are meant to keep cats out of the baby's bed, so I researched those tonight. Luckily, they are also marketed to keep kids in bed! Yesss! But, they are a little expensive, so I'm going to hold on to a little string of hope that this was an isolated incident...
2. Caroline can do somersaults. Unassisted. I'm not making this up, and it wasn't a fluke! She did one late last week, and I thought it was just an accident. But, today, she did about 10 in a row!
2 years ago


4 comments:
I just remembered that I turned the frame part of Z's crib upside down to gain another 3-4 inches of crib depth. I don't know if your crib has the same sort of mattress support, but if it does, it's a simple fix and didn't change the structural strength of the crib. Might buy you a few more months!
Hmmm. I'll have to look at that tonight. I don't know if it will work since she has a convertible crib.
Hmmm...wow.
I'm not ready for Connor to climb out either, but I don't think he has even tried. He *wants* to do somersaults, but he doesn't understand that he has to tuck his chin under yet, so he looks like he is going to break his neck when he tries, and he can't do them yet.
This is a scary stage! I hate the feeling that they might climb out and get hurt. My sister used one of the tents for a while, but then ended up just moving to a toddler bed. 18 months is kind of young for a toddler bed --I think? We used the pack-n-play during that in between time.
Post a Comment