If I made a list of things that I never want to hear again, this would probably top it. Aaron's been "out" for a little over a week now, and our we've only talked a couple times. So, today he calls and says, "we made the New York Times." Naively, I say, "what should I search?" As soon as I had computer access, I searched. Here is the first sentence:
"American and Afghan forces backed by airstrikes engaged in a “fierce firefight” with Taliban insurgents in a remote and mountainous region of eastern Afghanistan on Thursday, killing at least 29 militants in an effort to capture one of their leaders, according to a joint military statement."
And, that's where I stopped reading. Seriously. I'm pretty sure it was the words "fierce firefight" that pushed me over the edge. I don't need/want to know these things. If you want to read the rest, here is the article:
2 years ago


4 comments:
Hang tough Em. He'll be home soon. Just remember...you got the call from him, so he's okay. I know when Kirk was in Viet Nam the time he was "short" was the scariest for him and all of us back here. Aaron is good at his job and he'll keep himself safe.
It won't be too long and you guys will be back to normal. We love you both-stay strong. Ever need to talk you know where I am.
Oh jeeeeeeeeez...
Oh gosh! I would not want to read that at all either. As PP said at least you heard from him so you know that he is safe! I will keep all of your family in my thoughts and prayers.
Chin up girl! He is going to be home very soon! We are all here for you!
Post a Comment